Yesterday my sweet little baby Asher was blessed at our church. After we had our family over for lunch. We both come from big families; I’m the youngest of 8 and my husband is the second oldest of 7. So there were a lot of people! We decided to do something simple but super good so we made Cafe Rio Chicken. It was the easiest thing ever to make. All you do is place your ingredients in the crock pot, shred, and serve!
Everyone loved it and I was so glad. But honestly sad there were no leftovers so I will be making this again this week for sure! We just had people serve themselves and make tacos out of it using tortillas and toppings. This is a perfect recipe for a large crowd or just for your family. It can easily be doubled or tripled. And you can serve it however you want. It is so good!
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken (breast or tenders)
- ⅔ cup Italian Dressing
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- Place chicken inside of greased crock pot. Mix together the rest of the ingredients and pour over the top of the chicken. Cook on low for 5-7 hours or high for 3-4 hours. An hour before serving shred meat and stir.
- Serve as desired. Some suggestions are as a taco, burrito, in a quesadilla or on top of a salad.
*Optional: for additional flavor add a dry packet of ranch dressing mixed with ½ cup of water.