Flaxseed is one of the tiniest superfoods on the planet! It’s packed full of vitamins and has so many health benefits. It’s an easy way to add more nutrients to your diet.
Have you ever heard of flaxseed? I’ve recently started learning more about it, why it’s so healthy, and how to use it in recipes. Flaxseed may be sold whole or ground up but it needs to be ground up for your body to get the nutrients from it.
Why is Flaxseed so good for you?
Flaxseed is full of nutrition. Flaxseed may reduce your risk of cancer, stroke, heart disease, and diabetes. So here is a little information I have gathered on what flaxseed is and how you can incorporate it into your diet.
What is flaxseed?
What are the health benefits?
How can I use it?
- Add it to baked goods such as cookies, muffins, waffles, bread, or other batters.
- Sprinkle it on foods, such as hot or cold cereal, yogurt, or cottage cheese.
- Mix a little into a smoothie
- Add to water as an egg substitute.
Favorite Recipes you can add Flaxseed to:
Some of these recipes call for flaxseed, the ones that don’t, you can just add about 1-3 tablespoons of flaxseed too.
- Soft and Chewy Oatmeal Flax Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Healthy Juice Pulp Muffins
- Healthier Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Maple and Brown Sugar Overnight Oats
- Chocolate Protein Energy Bites
- Carrot Pancakes
- Greek Yogurt Pancakes