I’m sure you noticed by now I am a fan of cookies! It’s my favorite thing to bake. While I love about any good cookie I especially love a cookie with chocolate in it. And when you have double chocolate, well, even better! 🙂 And I love dark chocolate. It’s my favorite.
This recipe is from Bakerella. And we all know she knows how to bake! I was excited to try these cookies. So one night while my husband was away Levi and I baked them together!
I love that Levi wanted to help me. He helped me measure all the ingredients and did such a good job! This kid loves chocolate too. I wonder where he gets that from?….
I love how soft and chewy these cookies are. There is also a hint of peanut butter. Not too much to overpower but a nice subtle hint. Just the way I like it. And you can’t go wrong with cocoa + dark chocolate chips!
Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup butter, slightly softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, cocoa, soda and salt using a wire whisk and set aside. In another bowl, cream butter, sugar and peanut butter until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until combined. Add flour mixture to creamed mixture and mix until combined. Stir in dark chocolate chips.
- Roll cookie dough into 1-1/4 inch balls. Place on parchment paper cover baking sheet or use a silpat. Bake for 10 minutes. Place cookies on cookie rack to cool.
- Makes about 30 2 inch cookies.
Recipe slightly adapted from Bakerella
[…] dark chocolate! If you are a fan too you will love my recipes for Dark Double Chocolate Cookies and Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies. If you aren’t then don’t shy away from these recipes. You can always replace dark […]