A healthier alternative to fried Buffalo Wings. One bite and you will fall in love with these Baked Boneless Buffalo Wings! Perfect for game days, parties etc.
**YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE **25 AMAZING GAME DAY RECIPES**
(Updated 1/2014 Since I first posted this recipe over 3 years ago I have made it countless times. My husband and I love these and make them all the time! It’s a perfect game day food. We love making this, especially on nights when we watch our favorite football team play on TV. I’ve updated a couple things in the recipe but only slight changes to make it even better.)
This is hands down my favorite recipe ever! I love love love buffalo chicken wings or anything with buffalo wing sauce on it! I actually never had buffalo wings growing up. The first time I had it is when Derek and I first started dating. And it didn’t take me long to fall in love.
I wanted to learn how to make buffalo wings at home but I didn’t want to fry them so I searched for recipes for baked wings instead. I started out making oven buffalo wings which were really good but Derek and I decided we like the boneless chicken wings better. And that’s when I started perfecting this recipe and I think it is perfect! If you love buffalo sauce you will love this recipe!
I highly suggest making this Homemade Bleu Cheese Dip to enjoy with the Buffalo Wings. It’s a super simple recipe but SO tasty! Much better than store-bought! it tastes so fresh and creamy. You’ll love it!
- 1 cup flour
- 2/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 large egg or 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small chunks or strips (about 3/4-1 lb. of chicken)
- 1/4 Cup Buffalo Wing Sauce (I prefer Frank’s)
- 1-2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Combine the flour, panko breadcrumbs, paprika, salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper in a small mixing bowl. Whisk the egg(s) and milk together in a small bowl.
- Place a piece of foil or parchment paper onto a cookie sheet and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Working with one piece of chicken at a time, dip each piece into the egg mixture, then into the breading blend (double coat if desired) Tip: Use one hand to handle the egg mixture and the other hand for the breading to make it easier.
- Arrange the chicken on the baking sheet and then spray a light coating of cooking spray over the chicken pieces. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and begins to lightly brown.
- Turn the heat up to broil and continue to cook the chicken for 1-2 more minutes or until the surface begins to become golden brown and crispy, watching it carefully.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool while you make the sauce.
For the Sauce:
- Combine the Buffalo Wing Sauce, butter, and water in a microwave-safe dish. (Or in a small saucepan over medium-low heat.) Cover and microwave on high until the mixture begins to bubble, then remove and stir.
- Toss chicken and hot sauce mixture in a bowl until all pieces are coated. (Gently tap off any excess flour before tossing with sauce if necessary.)
- Serve immediately.
If you’d rather fry these: Fry in 4-6 cups of vegetable oil heated to 375 degrees F. Once the chicken is breaded, chill for 15 minutes then fry for 5-6 minutes then remove them and place on a plate lined with paper towels. Then toss with the buffalo sauce.
To make ahead- Once the chicken is cooked through but before the 1-2 min. broil, take the chicken out of the oven. Let cool completely then freeze. When ready to bake, remove from freezer and bake at 400 degrees F for about 15 minutes or until warmed through. Toss with sauce and serve.