This delicious recipe for Chicken Pillows is a creamy chicken mixture wrapped inside crescent rolls, rolled in breadcrumbs, and baked until golden brown. This is an easy and tasty dinner recipe!
I love this recipe because it is so quick and easy to make but tastes so good! We probably have this for dinner at least once a month.
The ingredients are simple:
Salt & Pepper
Package of refrigerated crescent rolls
Italian bread crumbs
You just cook the chicken and chop it. Then mix it together with cream cheese, a tiny bit of butter, green onions, salt, pepper, and a touch of milk. Then take that delicious mixture and wrap it around a rectangle of crescent dough, roll it up, top with butter and bread crumbs then bake!
The perfect tasty quick dinner!
- 2 small chicken breasts (1-1 ½ cups chopped chicken)
- 3-ounces of cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 (8-ounce) package refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1-2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Spray cooking sheet with non-stick spray. Place chicken on a sheet, sprinkle with garlic powder, seasoning salt, and coarse ground black pepper. Bake until chicken is cooked through. When chicken is done turn the oven temperature down to 350 F. Chop chicken in small cubes.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and 1 tablespoon softened butter until smooth. Add chopped chicken, green onion, salt pepper, and milk. Mix well.
- Open up can of crescent rolls and press two triangles together to make a rectangle. Press the seams together. Place a small amount of chicken mix in the center of the rectangular dough. Wrap dough around the chicken mixture and press sides together. Place on the baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough and chicken mixture.
- Brush melted butter over the tops and sprinkle on the bread crumbs.
- Cook in the oven at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.