White Chocolate Dipped Peppermint Chocolate Cookies are the perfect Christmas cookie! A delicious double chocolate chip cookie is dipped in white chocolate and crushed candy canes are sprinkled on top. Perfect for Christmas cookie exchanges, parties, packages and so much more!
Scroll down to the bottom to enter an amazing GIVEAWAY for your own gift basket with goodies from Nielsen-Massey and McCrea’s Candies!
This is the best time of year for baking! What is your favorite treat to bake? I LOVE baking Christmas Cookies! It’s a fun activity to do with my family and then enjoy together and give to friends and neighbors. These White Chocolate Dipped Peppermint Chocolate Cookies are some of the best cookies I’ve ever made! My kids are obsessed with these and even wanted them for breakfast the other day!
Although it seems a little fancy, it’s actually very easy to make! And you can make the cookie dough ahead of time by either freezing it for a month or so or just keep it in the fridge for a couple of days. Then when you are ready to make these cookies just bake it up, dip in white chocolate and sprinkle with crushed candy canes or peppermint candies. Since it’s not quite Christmas time I couldn’t find candy canes at the grocery store so I used thepeppermintint candies. Either works great!
How pretty are these cookies?! The contrast in colors is beautiful and the taste is amazing! I love this chocolate cookie recipe and have made it for years. A little peppermint extract is added and it’s so tasty! Then you just dip the cookies in melted white chocolate and crushed peppermint candy/candy canes and it’s ready to be enjoyed!
This is also a wonderful cookie to package and include in a gift basket. I was sent some fun products from Nielsen-Massey and McCrea’s Candies and you are going to want to enter my giveaway at the bottom of this post so you can win the same thing! I’ll talk more about it later on but these caramels are the best and I love the products from Nielsen-Massey. The Pure Peppermint Extract is the quality you want for baking (like in today’s recipe!) and the Pure Vanilla Sugar is flavorful and goes well with so many baking recipes.
This is now one of my favorite cookie recipes! I know you will love it!
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 8 ounces good quality white chocolate, chopped
- 3 large candy canes, or a small handful of peppermint candy, crushed
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the butter and sugars. Beat together on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Blend in the egg, vanilla, and peppermint extracts. Scrape down the bowl if needed.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients in the mixer on low speed just until incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Either chill all the dough in the fridge for at least an hour then roll into balls or you can roll dough into balls first then chill. Roll 1.5 tablespoons of dough into balls.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350˚ F.
- Place the cookie dough balls on the baking sheets. The cookies don’t spread much so if you like them less thick, press down slightly.
- Bake 8-9 minutes. Let cool on the baking sheets for about 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Melt the chopped white chocolate in a double boiler or use the microwave. For the microwave, place the white chocolate in a medium heat-proof bowl. Melt in 15-second increments, stirring well after each increment until completely melted and smooth. Dip each completely cooled cookie halfway into the white chocolate and gently shake off excess chocolate. Place onto a parchment or wax paper lined baking sheet and immediately sprinkle crushed peppermint candy on top of the chocolate. Repeat with the rest of the cookies. Allow to set at room temperature or place the baking sheet in the refrigerator to speed up the process. Once set, enjoy!
You can use white chocolate chips, just be extra careful when melting it because I find it can be trickier to work with then better quality white chocolate bars. I've found that when microwaving it you don't want it to get too hot. So be sure to follow the instructions in the recipe carefully.
Adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction
With the Christmas season fast approaching, it’s time to start thinking of gift ideas. Giving the gift of high-quality ingredients and candies is always the perfect gift! It’s fun and easy to be creative in how you package it. These items along with today’s cookie recipe packaged up would be the perfect, scrumptious way to say thank you for a hostess gift or for friends and family.
INCLUDED IN GIVEAWAY GIFT BASKET:
McCrea’s Black Lava Sea Salt Caramels: Rich, creamy caramel with crystals of Hawaiian black sea salt. A moment in paradise!
McCrea’s Classic Sea Salt Caramels: McCrea’s original caramel generously infused with sweet, aromatic vanilla. For the purist.
Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Sugar: A flavorful blend of gourmet baker’s sugar and the pinnacle of all vanillas, Madagascar Pure Vanilla Extract. Use it in any recipe where vanilla and the sweetness of sugar are desired.
Nielsen-Massey Pure Peppermint Extract: Made from mint grown under the strictest quality standards. Perfect for the holiday season or year-round.
**Enter to Win!**
Simply fill out the Rafflecopter below and be sure to comment letting me know what is your favorite Christmas cookie is!
(Winner will be e-mailed and have 24 hours to respond or another winner will be picked.)
Must be 18 years or older. USA residents only.