Creamy Berry Salad- A delicious fruit salad that is great year-round! Fresh or frozen berries can be used. The berries are mixed with a delicious white chocolate cream cheese mixture.
Fruit salads with berries are my favorite! Although sometime it’s hard to find berries in season or for a good price. That’s why with this Creamy Berry Salad you can use frozen fruit if you prefer.
Just buy the bag of mixed berries which usually has strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries.
The cream mixture is made with whipped cream, vanilla, cream cheese and white chocolate chips! I was inspired by the delicious Berries and Cream Bars recipe I share with you guys a few months ago. (It’s so yummy! Try it if you haven’t yet.)
It’s really quite simple. You just whip up the whipped cream, add a touch of powdered sugar, vanilla extract and softened cream cheese then mix in melted and slightly cooled white chocolate chips. It’s delicious! Then you fold it into the berries and it’s ready to enjoy!
This tastes great even days later. But if you would like the frozen fruit to have a firmer (more frozen) texture then you can make the creamy mixture ahead of time and add the fruit just a little before serving it. I shared this recipe with family and they all loved it!
And just a little fyi, if using frozen fruit, after a couple of hours the fruit salad will be a purpleish color instead of just the white cream mixture with berries you see in these pictures. It’s really pretty though and still tastes great!
You Might Also Like:
- 4 cups (~20 oz.) frozen or fresh mixed berries
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Add the berries to a large bowl. Cut the large fruit in smaller pieces if desired. In a stand mixer, whip the whipping cream until soft peaks form. Add the powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and cream cheese. Mix until all ingredients are incorporated and cream cheese mixture is thick.
- Add the white chocolate chips to a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir, then microwave for 15 seconds and stir again. If needed, microwave another 15 seconds until melted and smooth. Let cool slightly then mix into the cream cheese mixture until it is smooth.
- Gently fold the whipped cream cheese mixture into the fruit.