Bat Oreos are made with Double Stuf Oreos, melted chocolate, and candy eyes. This recipe is simple and fun for kids to make and enjoy!
Halloween is fast approaching and my kids can’t wait! They love when I make them fun Halloween treats like these Spooky Cookies, Banana Mummies or this Spiderweb Cookie Cake. I wanted to come up with another fun but simple idea this year and honestly I thought about it for weeks! I finally came up with these Bat Oreos and I love how they turned out! It’s only 3 ingredients and an easy one for kids to make. My kids thought these were so awesome! They, of course, enjoyed eating them too.
This recipe is part of the 5th annual 30 Days of Halloween Series by my Halloween loving friend, Allison at Cupcake Diaries. This is my 4th year participating in this series and I love it! My other recipes I have shared as part of her series are Spooky Cookies, Spiderweb Cookie Cake, and Ladies’ Fingers. Make sure you check out the other fun recipes in this year’s series on the bottom of this post.
These Bat Oreos are so cute and festive! It only takes about 10 minutes to make and is a fun recipe to make with kids.
To make it, you take an Oreo and cut it in half then break it apart to get four pieces for the bat wings. Then take two of those cookie pieces and insert it into the cream filling of an Oreo to make the wings. Next, evenly spread melted chocolate across the top half of the Oreo, add the candy eyes and you are done! Such a great quick or last-minute Halloween treat.
It also tastes so delicious! Oreos alone are fabulous but add chocolate and you’ve got an even yummier treat! These are perfect to make your Halloween even more spooktacular!
You Might Also Like:
- 15 Double Stuf Oreos
- ½ cup chocolate wafers
- 20 candy eyeballs
- Take 5 of the Oreos and carefully cut in half. Separate the pieces and scrape off the filling. Each Oreo will give you 4 "bat wings." Take 2 of the Oreo pieces and insert into the cream filling of an Oreo then press down on the Oreo to help it stay in place.
- Add the chocolate wafers to a microwave-safe bowl and melt about 20 seconds at a time, stirring in between, until melted and smooth.
- Using a spoon, scoop a little of the melted chocolate on top of the Oreo. Then use the back of the spoon to evenly spread the melted chocolate over it.
- Gently press 2 candy eyes on the Oreo to resemble the bat eyes. Repeat until all the Oreo tops are covered with the chocolate and the candy eyes have been added. Place in fridge or freezer until the chocolate is set.
- Keep stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: