Easy Cheesy Breakfast Casserole- The perfect breakfast to feed your family or a crowd. It can be made in advance.
This breakfast casserole includes some of our favorite foods like eggs, cheese, potatoes, and ham. We love eating breakfast for dinner and this is one of our favorite recipes to have when we do that. As a busy mom of 4 kids, I love that I can prepare this casserole in advance and just keep it in the fridge until I am ready to bake it.
I adapted this recipe from a breakfast casserole I had at my friend’s house recently to celebrate her new baby. One thing that sets this apart is that it has Swiss cheese in it. The addition of Swiss cheese gives this casserole such a good flavor!
It also makes for a fabulous breakfast food to feed a crowd. The best part is how quickly it comes together. It’s an easy one-bowl recipe. I like to use the frozen potatoes, O’Brien, because it has onions and peppers so it saves me time so I don’t need to cut the vegetables myself. Perfect for busy days!
I can see us making this for Christmas morning as it can be prepared ahead of time. It’s the best breakfast casserole and everyone will love it!
You Might Also Like:
- 1 (28 oz.) package frozen cubed potatoes O'Brien
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 16 oz. cubed ham
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Grease a 13x9 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the potatoes with the melted butter. Add the ham, 1½ cup Swiss cheese and ½ cup of the cheddar cheese. Then pour into the baking dish.
- In the same bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper then pour over the potato mixture. Top with remaining cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake until eggs are cooked through about 10-15 minutes. Once ready, remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Cut into squares and enjoy! Serve with salsa or ketchup if desired.
This can be made ahead of time. Just keep prepared casserole in the fridge for up to 24 hours then bake as directed.