Easy Funfetti Chocolate Chip Cookies- Soft and chewy cookies that are simple to make with a cake mix, chocolate chips, and just a few more ingredients.
Is there anything more fun and delicious than sprinkles and chocolate chips in a cookie?! I think not! These cookies are quick and easy to make. They came out so soft and delicious.
My oldest turns 8 this Sunday! Where has the time gone?! He loves baking with me especially when cookies are involved, so together we created these cookies for a pre-birthday celebration. Sprinkles make my kids happy and they love chocolate chips as much as their mommy! (See my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe here.)
This recipe is a quick one-bowl recipe. Just stir together the Funfetti Cake Mix with eggs, oil and a little brown sugar. I decided to add brown sugar to make these cookies more like classic chocolate chip cookies. I love the flavor it added. Then stir in the sprinkles and chocolate chips. It’s a pretty sight!
These are the ultimate celebration cookie! Fun colorful sprinkles, the taste of cake as well as bites of yummy chocolate. I couldn’t believe how good they were! It made me happy to see how much my kids loved these too.
These make the perfect birthday cookies! Stack these all up on a place with a candle on top and you have the perfect cookie cake without all of the work it takes to make a cake.
You Might Also Like:
Funfetti Cookies (from scratch)
- 1 15.25 oz box Funfetti Cake Mix
- ⅓ cup canola or vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons sprinkles (plus a little more for topping the cookies)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, oil, eggs and brown sugar. Mix until there is no longer any dry cake mix spots. Then gently stir in the chocolate chips and sprinkles.
- Scoop the dough out using a 1" cookie scoop or roll out dough into 1 inch balls. Top each cookie dough balls with more sprinkles.
- Place the dough on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 6-8 minutes. Let cool on baking sheet for a few minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an air-tight container for up a to a week.