Minnie Mouse Graham Crackers- Homemade Graham Crackers are simply decorated to look like Minnie Mouse. These are so tasty and fun!
My adorable little girl, Carina turned 2! She LOVES Minnie Mouse so I took my favorite Homemade Graham Cracker recipe and turned them into these cute Minnie Mouse Graham Crackers! We skipped the cake this year for her birthday and just had these cookies and it was perfect! She was thrilled with how pretty these were and was so excited.
The graham cracker dough is so easy to prepare so don’t be intimidated! It’s an easy one bowl recipe. Then you just roll the dough out and cut out Mickey shapes. I use this Mickey Mouse cookie cutter. It’s the same one they sell at Disneyland.
Once the cookies are baked and cooled its time for the best part!
This step is super easy too! Just spread the melted chocolate on the top of the cookies then add on Pink M&M’s and Small White Shimmer Pearls to create Minnie’s Bow. Totally cute and easy! I actually got my pink M&M’s from the bag of M&M’s I bought for Valentine’s Day but you can buy them on-line or at party stores. I found the white candy pearls at Walmart by the sprinkles for less than $1.
My daughter was thrilled with these cookies! She actually saw me looking at these pictures when I was working on this post yesterday and got a big smile and said, “My cookies!”
Here she is on her birthday. Isn’t she the cutest?! I love this girl!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup dark brown sugar, packed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup butter, chilled & cubed
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- optional: 1 tablespoon wheat germ or flax seed
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or good-quality chocolate
- Pink M&M's
- Small White Shimmer Pearls
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor or mixer combine the first 6 ingredients. (If using wheat germ or flax seed add here.)
- Add cubed and chilled butter to the mix and pulse/mix until it resembles coarse meal.
- Add honey, water, and vanilla and continue to mix until it all combines.
- Remove and shape the dough into a flat disk and place between two pieces of wax or parchment paper lightly dusted with flour.
- Roll dough out until ¼ inch thick. Using a Mickey Mouse cookie cutter cut out shapes. Combine the dough scraps and roll out again to cut more shapes.
- Place cookies on a Silpat or baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 11-13 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Once cookies completely cool, melt chocolate chips in the microwave. Place the chocolate chips in a medium heat-proof bowl. Melt in 30-second increments, stirring after each increment until completely melted and smooth. Using a small spoon, cover the top of the cookies in the chocolate. Add Pink M&M's and white pearls to make a bow shape. (Pink M&M on each side, 1 white shimmer pearl in the middle.) Repeat until all cookies are decorated. Let chocolate set. Place in the refrigerator or freezer to speed it up.
*For thinner graham crackers roll dough out to ⅛" thickness and bake for about 10 minutes.