Easter Muddy Buddies- The perfect fun and festive snack mix for Easter!
Happy almost Easter! It’s that time of year where some of the best candy makes a showing again! If you know me, you know that I am a big fan of Muddy Buddies. The other day when I was checking out all the amazing and fun Easter candy at the store, inspiration hit and I thought it would be a great idea to make Easter Muddy Buddies! This recipe turned out even yummier and cuter than I had expected and I hope you love it as much as I do!
Feel free to add your favorite Easter candy but I went with what I thought would be the best candy to add to Muddy Buddies. I added Cadbury Mini Eggs because everyone LOVES these! They are so cute and delicious! I love the little crunch you get from the shell and the smooth creamy chocolate in the middle. I added mini marshmallows to be similar to a cute little bunny tails and Easter M&M’s for a fun pop of color plus the extra chocolate!
I’ve adapted this recipe from my original Muddy Buddy recipe to make it even better. A little more chocolate and peanut butter is always a good idea!
Look at that goodness!
This would be the perfect snack to make with kids and to have out on the table for decoration. The peep on top is totally optional but adds to the cuteness factor!
You Might Also Like:
- 9 cups Rice Chex
- 1¼ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ⅔ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 12/3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 cup Cadbury mini eggs
- ½ cup Easter M&M's
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper and set aside. Measure cereal into a large bowl; set aside.
- In 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and peanut butter uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag.
- Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool.
- Sprinkle the mini marshmallows,
Caburymini eggs and Easter M&M's throughout the mixture.
- Serve in a bowl. Optional, add a peep on top!
- Store in airtight container in the refrigerator.