Disneyland’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Sandwich- A delicious copycat recipe of one of the best treats at Disneyland! A layer of chocolate covered graham cracker topped with a creamy peanut butter layer and all dipped in chocolate! These are easy to make and so yummy!
One of the best memories my kids have is when we took them to Disneyland last year. Just over one year later and we still talk about it all the time! Since I am a major foodie remembering the food and treats we had there is something we like to talk about. My boys loved the beignets, I especially loved the food at the Cozy Cone Motel and we all loved the treats at Pooh Corner! One of our favorite treats we had are these Chocolate Peanut Butter Sandwiches. It was fun to recreate this yummy treat not only the enjoy it again together but to bring back memories of our time at Disneyland. My boys seriously couldn’t believe I made these and they think I am pretty cool! Plus these taste so delicious! We can’t go back to Disneyland right now but we can enjoy this homemade version of Disneyland’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Sandwich.
This dessert only takes a few steps to make! First, you break the graham crackers in half then dip them in melted chocolate. YUM!
Then you spread a creamy peanut butter mixture on top. I use my cookie scoop then spread it even.
After that chill it, cover it in chocolate and if you want you can top it with chopped peanuts. That’s it! Disneyland used to have these with drizzled chocolate over the top but now it has chopped peanuts on top. I don’t always love nuts in my dessert but this was the perfect way to finish off this amazing recipe.
Creamy peanut butter, crunchy graham cracker, chocolatey GOODNESS!
You Might Also Like:
- 6 graham cracker sheets, broken in half
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3½ cups chocolate melting wafers (or good quality chocolate chips + 4 tsp shortening, or half melting wafers and half chocolate chips)
- optional: chopped peanuts
- On a baking sheet lined with wax or parchment paper place the 12 graham cracker halves and set aside.
- In a double boiler melt chocolate melting wafers or chocolate chips and shortening. Stir until mixture is completely melted and smooth. (Use a small saucepan, boil water then reduce heat to low. Place a heat-proof bowl on top. (Make sure the water doesn't touch it.) Add the chocolate in the bowl and stir until melted.)
- Dip each graham cracker in the chocolate using a spoon to make sure it's all covered. Use a fork to lift it out of the chocolate and tap off the excess chocolate. If needed use a spoon to smooth the chocolate on top and to remove any more excess chocolate. Place each graham cracker back on the lined baking sheet. Place in the freezer for about 10 minutes or until chocolate is set.
- Meanwhile, in a medium-sized mixing bowl combine the peanut butter and softened butter and mix by hand until butter is incorporated. Mix in the vanilla extract. Slowly stir in the powdered sugar until the mixture is smooth.
- Top each graham crackers with about 2 tablespoons of the peanut butter mixture. I use a medium-sized cookie scoop. Then spread out the mixture evenly over each of the chocolate dipped graham crackers. Place in freezer for 20 minutes.
- A couple minute before pulling the peanut butter crackers out of the freezer remove the chocolate from the stove top and stir it to help it cool down a little. Spoon the remaining chocolate over the tops and sides of the peanut butter and use the spoon or a knife to make the edges straight. Top with chopped peanuts if desired and repeat with each peanut butter cracker. Stick the baking sheet back in the freezer for about 10-15 minutes or until the chocolate is set.
- Store in the fridge. Before eating remove from the fridge for about 10 minutes before enjoying.
Inspired by Picky Palate & I Heart Nap Time
Now that you’ve seen how I make my favorite Disneyland treat at home check out how a few of my blog buddies make their favorites too!
Hand Dipped Corndogs from Dessert Now, Dinner Later
Clam Chowder Bread Bowl from Kleinworth & Co.
Mickey Mouse Ice Cream Treats from Tastefully Frugal
Monte Cristo Sandwich from See Lindsay
Churro Funnel Cake from Artsy Fartsy Mama
Pumpkin Mickey Mouse Beignets from Clarks Condensed
BLT Waffle Fries from Old House To New Home
Chocolate Peanut Butter Sandwiches from Love To Be In The Kitchen
Carrot Cake Cookies from Cupcake Diaries
Caramel S’mores from My Latina Table
Mickey Marshmallow Wand from Liz On Call
Dole Whip Popsicles from Bite Of Delight
Dole Whips from Girl Loves Glam
Mint Julep Slush from As The Bunny Hops
Frozen Chocolate Covered Bananas from Pretty Providence
Mickey Mouse Cake Pops from Play Party Plan
Mac’n’Cheese Pizza from Over The Big Moon
Mickey Mouse Beignets from Housewife Eclectic
**GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED**
AND enter to win a chance to try all these tasty treats in person at Disneyland yourself! One lucky winner will receive:
- 4 Day/3 Night Hotel Stay in Anaheim or San Diego (winner’s choice)
- 2 Adult and 2 Kids Tickets to TWO Southern California Parks (winner’s choice)
Giveaway is sponsored by Get Away Today. Open to US Residents only. Giveaway will run from Friday, April 7th to Friday, April 14th. Winner will be notified by email and has 48 hours to respond.