The best brownie frosting recipe! Plus a giveaway for the book If you Give a Mouse a Brownie and baking essentials!
Brownies are one of our favorite desserts in this house! It’s such an easy and fun recipe to make. I love that it’s an simple and yummy one to make with kids too.
I’m sure you all know and love the classic book, If You Give a Mouse a Cookie. That book has been a favorite of mine for so many years. Can you believe it’s been around for 30 years now!? And they have so many other fun books in the If You Give series. You can find all those here. And now mouse is back in the new book If You Give a Mouse a Brownie by the #1 New York best selling team Laura Numeroff and Felicia Bond. With its spare, rhythmic text and circular tale this book is perfect for beginning readers and is a fun story for all kids. This book just came out on October 18th. I’m so glad I have a copy now of both of these books!
My boys were super excited to read these books. My oldest was more than happy to read these books to his younger brother. They thought the books were so funny! They both knew after we were going to make brownies and they couldn’t wait!
They were eager to get baking!
My cute little bakers!
We decided it would be fun to frost the brownies so after it cooled we topped it with the best brownie frosting ever! (Recipe below!) I’ve worked on perfecting this recipe over the years and I have to say it’s perfect! It’s super simple. Just butter, powdered sugar, a little milk, vanilla and pinch of salt but don’t be fooled by the simplicity of the ingredients. It’s amazing! Everyone will fight to lick the bowl!
We added chocolate chips in our batter (chocolate chunks are also a favorite of mine to add to brownies) and these were some of the best brownies ever! If you want to make homemade brownies try my all-time favorite homemade brownie recipe.
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons milk or cream
- Using a stand mixer or handheld mixer, mix together the butter, cocoa and salt until smooth. Then add in the powdered sugar and beat on low. Add in the vanilla and 1 tablespoon of milk. Add more milk ½ tablespoon at a time if needed for desired consistency. Mix for 1-2 minutes longer, until smooth and fluffy.
- Spread evenly on brownies. (This frosting is enough to frost an 8x8 pan of brownies.)
Learn more about the If You Give Series and HarperCollins!
- Visit the Official Site
- Follow the series on Facebook
- Follow Harper Collins: Pinterest – Facebook– Twitter – Instagram
My kids and I had so much fun reading If You Give a Mouse a Brownie and making brownies together. It made for such a fun activity. And you can also download the Mouse and Friends Activity Guide for even more fun!
One of you will win:
- If You Give a Mouse a Brownie
- Plus Baking Essentials for your mini-chef!
Simply fill out the Rafflecopter below! Comment letting me know which book is your favorite in the If You Give… Book series or which book you’d like to read next!
(Winner will be e-mailed and have 24 hours to respond or another winner will be picked.)
Must be 18 years or older and live in the United States.
Thanks HarperCollins for sending me a copy and providing the prize pack!