Baby Shower Chocolate Dipped Brownies- An easy, delicious and cute treat for baby showers that everyone will love!
In my opinion chocolate should always be involved when there is a baby shower! For some reason when I’m pregnant chocolate is my #1 craving and plus who doesn’t love a good chocolate treat at a baby shower? I’ve been in charge and helped with many baby showers over the past years and I know how busy it can get preparing all the different details and food for it. So that’s why I came up with this easy and quick recipe for these delicious Baby Shower Chocolate Dipped Brownies.
First, you need is an 8×8 pan of brownies. Feel free to make homemade brownies (this is my very favorite recipe) or a boxed mix. I recommend Duncan Hines or Ghiradrelli for the best quality brownies from a box mix. (Note: for this recipe I used Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Fudge Brownies.) You can even add in chocolate chunks for an even prettier looks and extra dose of amazing chocolate! (I did that with my Christmas Chocolate Dipped Brownie Bites.)
I cut the brownies in 16 pieces but feel free to cut them smaller if you want more of a brownie bite. I used pink and blue sprinkles and pink and blue M&M’s. I found my M&M’s at PartyLand (Lehi, UT has a bulk M&M section where you can get about any color of M&M you want!) So check your local party store, Amazon or on the M&M website they sell a baby pink or blue color bag of M&M’s.
The brownies need to be frozen for at least 30 minutes before dipping. THen you dip the top of the brownies in the melted chocolate.
And top however you’d like with sprinkles or/and M&M’s. Doesn’t it look so pretty!?
Pretty pink if it’s a girl!
Beautiful blue for baby boys!
These brownies are not only beautiful they are beyond delicious! My boys and I ate way too many! (Shh!) But it was so heavenly.
This recipe is perfect for a dessert at a baby shower or of course topping with any other colors you can use it for about any event or just for you and your family!
- Brownies, (*homemade or from a box for an 8x8 pan)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (+ 1 tsp. shortening or butter), chopped chocolate (like baking chocolate bars) or chocolate candy coating
- Blue/Pink Sprinkles
- Blue/Pink M&M's
- Bake brownies in an 8x8 inch pan lined with parchment paper. Bake according to directions and let cool completely. (You can place in refrigerator to help it cool faster.) Cut into 16 squares. (Or you can cut even smaller for more of a brownie bite.) Place brownies on a cookie sheet lined with parchment or wax paper or a silpat. Chill in the freezer for 30-45 minutes.
- Once chilled, melt the chocolate by adding it to a medium sized microwave safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir. Microwave 15 seconds at a time stirring in between until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Dip the tops of the brownies in the chocolate and set on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, wax paper or a silpat. After dipping 2-3 brownie bites, top with sprinkles or/and M&M's. Repeat until finished. Chill in refrigerator to help the chocolate set.
For more fun and easy baby shower ideas check out these great posts from my blogger friends!
Diaper Bouquet from Tastefully Frugal
Chocolate Dipped Brownies from Love To Be In The Kitchen
DIY Jellyfish Tag Toy from Flourish and Knot
New Baby Gift Basket from Melly Moments
You might also like: