Gender Reveal Cookie Dough M&M Truffles- A fun and yummy way to announce the gender of a baby without saying a word!
I absolutley love how this recipe turned out! Everyone loves cookie dough and it’s so fun to have your family and friends find out the gender of your baby by taking a bite of these delicious Gender Reveal Cookie Dough M&M Truffles and see either pink and blue M&M’s announcing it’s a boy or it’s a girl!!
As soon as I found out I was pregnant with baby #4 I immediately started dreaming up different gender reveal ideas. Gender reveals treats are one of my favorite type of recipes to create. (To see more than 20 Sweet Gender Reveal Ideas check out this post!) I had so many ideas it was crazy but I wanted something that would be easy, quick and delicious! These Gender Reveal Cookie Dough M&M Truffles definitely meet all of those requirements! The cookie dough comes together very quickly! It’s so tempting not to eat too much of it before it’s time to dip the truffles in chocolate. (Although it’s totally ok since there are no eggs!)
If you know the gender when you make these, you can add just pink or blue M&M’s or if you are making these before you know the gender you can divide the batter in half and do half pink and blue. Just be sure not to mix it up so you know which are which once they are covered in chocolate.
You can find these shades of M&M’s at most party stores. The dough is rolled into balls then chilled.
The next step is my favorite! Dipping it in chocolate! Feel free to use your favorite dipping chocolate or even chocolate chips work. I used my block of Guittard chocolate because it’s my favorite.
How pretty are these?! I covered them in pink and blue candy melts to be more festive for the fun occasion!
I was so excited to find out the gender of my baby! I was positive it was a boy and my kids were already talking about the baby like he was a boy. The ultrasound revealed…
Yay! We are so excited! We can’t wait until October to meet our newest member of the family! My kids thought it was so much fun to bite into these to find out the gender! It’s so yummy, easy and creative!
It will be 5 years once baby boy is born since I’ve had a baby boy in the house and we can’t wait! 🙂
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup light brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk or cream
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup baby blue or pink M&M's
- 8 oz. chocolate candy coating, or about 1 cup chocolate chips melted with 2 tsp. shortening, veg. oil or coconut oil
- optional: top with blue and pink sprinkles or melted blue and pink candy melts.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy 2-3 minutes. Mix in milk and vanilla. Stir in flour and salt and mix on low speed until incorporated. Gently fold in M&M's.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 15-30 minutes. Then roll into small balls.
- Place rolled balls on a wax paper lined baking sheet and place in the freezer for at least 15 minutes or up to an hour.
- Melt candy coating following instructions on the package. If using chocolate chips, melt in the microwave 30 seconds at a time until smooth, stirring in between each 30 seconds. Remove a couple of balls from the freezer at a time and dip in melted chocolate using a fork or a dipping tool. Remove from chocolate and holding it above the chocolate let excess chocolate drip down. Place on wax paper. Continue until all truffles are covered in chocolate.
- Optional: If you want to top with sprinkles do that right after dipping truffles in chocolate. If you'd like to drizzle on blue and pink candy melts let chocolate set (put in fridge or freezer) then drizzle on the candy melts. (You can use a ziplock bag with the corner snipped to use as a piping bag.)
- Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days.