The perfect healthier appetizer or main dish for Game Day or any other day! These Honey BBQ Boneless Wings are baked not fried and the Honey BBQ sauce is so finger-licking good!
You might also like–> 30 Game Day Recipes
Boneless wings are one of our favorite foods to eat, especially when there is a football game on. If you haven’t tried my Baked Boneless Buffalo Wings yet you need too! I decided to try my same tried and true baked boneless wing recipe with another sauce. This Honey BBQ sauce was so good! My husband was surprised how fast it was for me to make and how good it tasted!
The boneless wings are so easy to make. Just cut your chicken into strips or chunks, dip in a egg/milk mixture then a flour/panko bread crumb spice mix and bake! Over the years I have perfected the recipe and I know you will love it! Even though it’s baked it is still crispy and crunchy. It’s very delicious!
The Honey BBQ sauce is easy and fast to make. Just mix together the ingredients in a saucepan, heat up and it’s ready! The flavor is outstanding! It was so easy and so good I was sad it took me so long to make Honey BBQ wings!
The only ingredient you might not have is liquid smoke. We found it in the condiment section at the grocery story and it didn’t cost very much. Plus it added a nice smoky bbq flavor to the sauce. I recommend it but the sauce would still be really good without it.
You will love this recipe!
You might also like:
- 1 cup ketchup
- ⅓ cup white vinegar
- ¼ cup molasses
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tsp. liquid smoke
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. paprika
- ¼ tsp. chili powder
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 large egg or 2 egg whites
- ¼ cup milk
- 3 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small chunks or strips (about ¾ lb. of chicken)
- Mix all ingredients together in a saucepan and cook over medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until ingredients are well combined. Keep warm on the lowest temperature as you prepare the chicken. (Or you can prepare the sauce while the chicken is baking.)
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Combine the flour, panko breadcrumbs, paprika, salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper in a small mixing bowl. Whisk the egg(s) and milk together in a small bowl.
- Place a piece of foil or parchment paper onto a cookie sheet and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Working with one piece of chicken at a time, dip each piece into the egg mixture, then into the breading blend; then repeat the process so that each piece of chicken is double coated. (Tip: Use one hand to handle the egg mixture and the other hand for the breading to make it easier.)
- Arrange the chicken on the baking sheet and then spray a light coating of cooking spray over the chicken pieces. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and begins to lightly brown.
- Turn the heat up to broil and continue to cook the chicken for 1-2 more minutes or until the surface begins to become golden brown and crispy.
- When the chicken pieces are cooked, remove them from the oven and let them cool for a minute. Toss chicken with the Honey BBQ sauce. (I just toss the chicken in the saucepan.) Serve immediately.
Wing recipe is my own (LovetobeintheKitchen.com) sauce recipe is adapted from Blendtec
Like this recipe? Pin it to save it!