A soft and delicious healthy Monster Cookie made with peanut butter, oats, mini chocolate chips and topped with colorful mini M&M’s. There’s no butter, oil or flour in these cookies!
There’s nothing I love more than a good cookie! You all might know that my absolute favorite cookie is a good chocolate chip cookie. My kids love cookies too and so I was thinking how I should come up with a healthier cookie option both my kids and I would enjoy. I adapted my favorite healthy peanut butter cookie and changed a few things such as adding M&M’s since my kids LOVE M&M’s! I was thrilled how pretty they turned out and even more excited when my kids really enjoyed them! They didn’t even notice at all that these are healthy. No butter, no oil and no flour! Hardly any sugar added but still perfectly sweet with the addition of a touch of honey.
We just moved and my son had his first day of school on Monday. I was more nervous than him hoping he would like it since he was so happy at his old school. After school I had these cookie waiting for him and he was so happy! And btw he is enjoying his new school. Thank goodness!
I love how quick these cookies are to make! It’s a one-bowl recipe! Just mix together your ingredients, scoop and bake! Let cool then enjoy one of the best cookies ever! These cookies are awesome and I know you will love it!
You might also like:
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons old-fashioned oats (or quick oats)
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup mini chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup mini M&M's
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium sized bowl (I used my stand mixer) stir together the peanut butter, honey, and brown sugar. Do not warm up the peanut butter or the honey.
- Add in the oats, salt, baking soda, and vanilla extract. Stir well.
- In a separate bowl lightly beat the egg and then add it to the mixture.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop out the dough. Press the dough very tightly in the cookie scoop to form the balls if using your hands squeeze the mixture tightly into a ball so it doesn’t crumble.
- Form the balls onto a cookie sheet, press down slightly, top with the M&M's and more mini chocolate chips if desired and bake for 7-8 minutes.
- Watch the cookies closely and remove when the bottom barely starts to brown even if they don't look completely done (they cook more as they cool).
- Remove and allow to cool completely.
Adapted from Chelsea’s Messy Apron