A simple and quick meal that will be ready in 30 minutes or less. Enjoy these meatballs with pasta, in a baguette or however you’d like! Cheesy Meatball Skillet is the perfect easy recipe for a delicious dinner everyone will love!
It’s harvest time and that means our garden is full of fresh produce. We love eating anything involving tomatoes or basil this time of year and it brings us such happy memories. My husband spent two years in Italy and I traveled there so we both absolutely love Italian food. This Cheesy Meatball Skillet is seriously out of this world good and I am so excited to share this recipe with you all!
One thing that really takes this dish to another level is this Mezzetta Napa Valley Homemade Marinara. I have seriously never had such an amazing tasting pasta sauce in my life and I’m not joking! As soon as I opened the jar, immediately I could tell a difference from other pasta sauces. The color was so vibrant, I quickly grabbed a spoon to taste it. It was outstanding! It’s made of real food, 100% hand-selected plum tomatoes, no added sugar, and no paste. I love that it’s a family company that has been owned for over 80 years. My husband couldn’t believe how good it was and that I really didn’t add anything to the sauce. It just came out that amazing! I can’t wait to try all of their flavors.
This one-skillet dinner was so easy to make. First I prepared the meatballs, which didn’t take long at all then I browned them in the skillet.
Next, I added the delicious Mezzetta Marinara sauce to the skillet.
Oh my. There are no words for how beautiful and delicious this dish is! My picky little guy who usually takes a while to begin eating ate this up in no time and even asked for more! You can serve this up however you’d like. In a baguette to make a delicious meatball sandwich, as is, over pasta, or however you please! It tastes fantastic as leftovers and I enjoyed it again with some of my Freezer Garlic Texas Toast. This is a recipe I will be making over and over again!
- 1 jar (24.5 oz.) Marinara (I used Mezzetta)
- 1 ¼ cup shredded mozzarella
- Optional for topping: grated parmesan cheese and fresh basil, chopped
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup Italian breadcrumbs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients for the meatballs and mix together with your hands.
- Scoop out about 1 golf ball sized meatball mixture, roll it in your hands to make meatballs. (Can use a cookie or ice cream scoop.)
- Add just enough oil to cover the bottom of the skillet and brown the meatballs ½ a batch at time over medium heat until evenly browned, about 5-8 minutes.
- Remove meatballs and drain on paper towels. Drain any excess oil from the skillet.
- Reduce heat to medium low and pour the marinara sauce in the skillet.
- Add the meatballs back to the skillet and gently roll them around to coat them in the marinara sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes or until internal temperature of meatballs are 165 degrees F
- Top with mozzarella cheese and some grated Parmesan cheese if desired. Cover and simmer until cheese melts or broil at 450 degrees F for 3-5 minutes for browned cheese.
- Dish and serve hot sprinkled with grated Parmesan and chopped fresh basil if desired.
Slightly adapted from The Cooking Jar
**Giveaway is now Closed**
#FallForFlavor with Mezzetta’s giveaway to Win the Perfect Pasta Night!
1 Grand Prize Winner– Perfect Pasta Night. Cooking kit includes: Six (6) Mezzetta® Napa Valley Homemade™ Pasta Sauces + Dried Pasta + Apron + Grocery Tote + Chef’s Hat + Cheese Grater + Recipe Cards + $500 grocery gift card.
10 Runner-Up Winners– Six (6) Mezzetta® Napa Valley Homemade™ Pasta Sauces + Recipe Cards
What are your favorite fall recipes?