Peanut butter popcorn, drizzled with chocolate and topped with mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups! Perfect for movie nights, game days, a snack or dessert! Simple to make and so delicious.
Popcorn is such a great snack! It’s so quick and easy to make and the ultimate snack food. I have a recipe on my blog for Kale Popcorn but other than that I haven’t tried any other recipes. This Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn was so easy to make and seriously crazy good! Now I can’t wait to try more popcorn recipes.
I took the boys to Walmart to pick up some Pop Secret popcorn to make our family movie night extra special.
As you can see they were so excited! They both love popcorn and honestly, the more butter the better in their opinion. We love having family movie night at home and we like to do it a couple of times a month. It’s a fun family activity that we all look forward to. The boys were excited to try Movie Theater Butter popcorn because since having my baby girl in March we haven’t been to the movie theater often. Pop Secret has so many great flavors to choose from I can’t wait to try more!
My boys loved helping make the Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn. They each took turns helping me pop a bag of popcorn then count out the 8 cups of popcorn. It was really exciting for them! I loved using Pop Secret popcorn for this recipe because it was so easy and the popcorn came out perfect! My boys loved snacking on the extra popcorn as I made this recipe.
To make the oh-so-delicious peanut butter caramel sauce all I did was boil honey and a little bit of sugar and then added peanut butter and vanilla extract. Crazy easy you guys! And you can see in this picture how amazing it looked.
After mixing it in, I placed the popcorn on a baking sheet and drizzled chocolate on top. I am not a milk chocolate girl so I used semi-sweet. Just use whichever you prefer. I just melted the chocolate chips in the microwave and stirred every 20 seconds until it was melted. It was so easy and looks so fancy!
Once the chocolate is set just add the cute little mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and enjoy! If you want you could also use regular sized Reese’s and just chop it up. And in all honestly this recipe is fantastic even without it. I really loved how good this popcorn tasted. I loved the texture and the delicious combination of peanut butter and chocolate. And even my husband who isn’t crazy about popcorn really liked it.
Movie night was a hit! Definitely my favorite one so far. The boys loved that I made something new with popcorn and think I’m pretty cool because of it. They can’t wait to help me make another fun popcorn recipe for our next family movie night.
Also, I want to let you know of a great deal! Buy any 3 Pop-Secret items between 7/31 – 8/31 and get a Free ticket to the Fantastic Four movie (up to $5) while supplies last. For more details click here.
How often does your family have movie night? What’s your favorite movie night snack?
- 8 cups popped popcorn, butter or plain (lightly salt if using plain)
- ½ cup honey
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
- 1½ cups Mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
- Place the popped popcorn in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Add the honey and sugar to a small saucepan, mix and bring to a boil. Let it simmer for 2 minutes, then remove from the heat and add the peanut butter. Mix well until all the peanut butter is melted, then mix in the vanilla extract.
- Immediately pour the peanut butter caramel over the popcorn and gently stir with a wooden spoon until it's all coated. Spread popcorn on a large baking sheet.
- In a microwave safe-bowl, microwave the chocolate chips for 20 seconds at a time, stirring inbetween until melted.
- Drizzle popcorn with melted chocolate and let sit until chocolate hardens. (Can place in freezer for about 10 minutes to speed up the process.) Add in the Mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.
Adapted from Two Peas and Their Pod