Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Sliders- An easy and yummy appetizer or main dish!
Buffalo wings are a favorite of mine. Baked, fried, with or without bones. I am a fan! (Although my Baked Boneless Buffalo Wings are my very favorite.) But any way you make it takes time so I was excited to make these Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Sliders. It is so quick to put together then of course the crock pot does all the work making the chicken nice and tender and melding the flavors together. Another huge bonus is that the leftovers are so great! It goes great as I’ve shown in my picture as sliders but you could also wrap it in lettuce, add it to salad and so much more.
My favorite crock pot recipes are ones where you just dump the ingredients and that’s it! This recipe is beyond easy. All you do is add the ingredients, let it cook, shred the chicken and it’s ready! I loved the sauce. It was so delicious. I made my husbands day when I made this for dinner. We are getting so excited for football season to begin again and with football comes good food. These Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Sliders would be the perfect game day food! Either as an appetizer or main dish. We loved these with bleu cheese crumbles, tomatoes and lettuce but feel free to make your sliders as you please.
I know you will love it!
You might also like:
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts or boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup buffalo wing sauce (I prefer Frank's Red Hot)
- ½ cup water
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Serving suggestions:
- *12 small rolls or slider buns
- Ranch or blue cheese dressing
- Blue cheese crumbles (or another cheese)
- Tomato slices
- Green leaf lettuce
- (Or can serve as lettuce wraps)
- Place the chicken breasts into a slow cooker. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Add in the hot sauce, water, brown sugar, onion powder and garlic powder.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours, or low for 6-8 hours. Chicken should easily shred with a fork. If desired to make it less spicy add 2 Tbsp. butter and a little water as needed.
- Shred chicken and add back to the slow cooker. Toss with sauce and serve on slider buns, with desired toppings. Refrigerate leftover chicken in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Slightly adapted from The Comfort of Cooking