The perfect quick and delicious dinner recipe packed full of flavor! This Skillet Spicy Sausage Pasta is all made in the skillet so it’s an easy clean-up!
I love trying new recipes for dinner but every so often I fall in love with a recipe and make it pretty often for months. This delicious Skillet Spicy Sausage Pasta I found from Kevin and Amanda is a recipe that is pretty much perfect! It’s so quick to make, is all made in one skillet and the flavor is outstanding. My boys love this and my husband and I are obsessed. I’ve made it so many times and finally took some pictures so I could share this amazing recipe with you all!
Although this is a little spicy with the addition of Ro-Tel it was fine serving it for my boys. I just kept out the green chilies when I served up their dinner. You could even just add a regular can of diced tomatoes if you don’t like any spice.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. smoked sausage, sliced
- 1½ cups diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (10 oz) can Ro-Tel tomatoes and green chiles, mild
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 8 oz. penne pasta(or your favorite pasta)
- ½ teaspoon salt and pepper, each
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (pepper jack or mozzarella work too)
- ⅓ cup thinly sliced green onions
- Add the olive oil to an oven-safe skillet over medium high heat. Once the oil is warm add sausage and onions and cook until lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add chicken broth, tomatoes, cream, pasta, salt and pepper and stir. Bring to a boil, cover skillet, and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until pasta is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in ½ cup cheese. Top with remaining cheese and sprinkle with scallions. Broil until cheese is melted, spotty brown, and bubbly.
Slightly adapted from Kevin & Amanda