It is officially summer here and the weather is letting me know that! It hit 100 degrees F. yesterday! So the last thing I want to do when it’s dinner time is turn on the hot oven or stove top. I recently went shopping at Walmart and picked up some delicious products to make dinner quick, full of flavor and that all can be made in the convenience of my microwave.
These two products are seriously life-changing! With three kids, and one being a new baby I really don’t have much time to make dinner these days but I still want to feed my kids healthy food. The Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Chicken Breast Fillets are fully cooked with an amazing grilled taste. When I was chopping it up for the burritos I kept sneaking bites of it because it was so tasty. It’s so good and full of flavor. With in minutes of microwaving it is ready! Such a great idea that will save me so much time in the kitchen. (I’m thinking this will really save me some time on some of my favorite healthy chicken dinners like Chicken Pesto Panini, Chicken Broccoli Supreme etc.)
The Birds Eye Steamfresh® Protein Blends are so great! They have four different protein blends to choose from Southwest Style, California Style, Asian Style and Italian Style. The possibilities of simple yet healthy dinner ideas are endless! I loved the Southwest Style it has whole grains, black beans, corn, lentils and red bell peppers. It would have taken me forever to prepare this with out this convenient blend that just needs to be microwaved.
I decided to make these Southwest Chicken Burritos for dinner and it was so easy, quick and delicious! I was so happy about that because it was a busy day and usually on busy days it’s hard coming up with a quick and healthy dinner idea for my family.
Let me tell you how easy it was. First I cooked up a few of the Tyson Grilled & Ready Chicken Breast Fillets in the microwave. Meanwhile I got the tortillas out and grated the cheese. Once the chicken was ready I put the Birds Eye Protein Blends in the microwave and cut the chicken into cubes. Then the vegetables were ready and I added it to the chicken. Seriously I couldn’t believe within minutes dinner was about to be ready!
I added some chili powder and cumin mixed it together then added some cheese to the warm tortilla, added the chicken and veggies and just like that dinner was ready! Couldn’t have taken me more than 10 minutes!
My boys absolutely loved it and that sure made this mommy happy! Sometimes my oldest one complains about dinner and my youngest just sits there for a bit before he will start eating but these two starting eating without being asked! It makes me so happy when they like a healthy dinner full of protein and vegetables. This dinner was a hit and for sure I will be using these products often when making dinner. Anything that saves me time for dinner and is healthy is a winner in my book!
- 3 Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Chicken Breast Fillets (or 3 chicken breasts, cooked)
- 1 package Birds Eye Steamfresh® Protein Blends , Southwest Style (or a similar blend of vegetables and beans)
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- Flour (or wheat) Tortillas (about 6 large)
- Grated cheese
- Optional toppings: avocado, tomatoes, sour cream, salsa etc.
- Cook the chicken breasts according to the package directions. Then cook vegetables according to package directions. While that is cooking cut the chicken into cubes and place in a medium sized bowl. Once vegetables are cooked add to the chicken then add in the cumin and chili powder. Stir until combined.
- Warm up the tortillas in the microwave (optional, warm it up with the cheese on it.) Then add some of the chicken and vegetable mixture to the tortilla and optional toppings then wrap it up.
“This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group®, Birds Eye®, and Tyson® but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #FastFreshFilling http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV”