These Healthy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies are so delicious you won’t believe how good it is for you! Made with no flour, oil or butter! These cookies are quick to make and will quickly become your favorite cookie.
I am so grateful for so many of my sweet blogging friends helping out with guest posts while I enjoyed my new baby girl! But I am also so happy to be back to sharing amazing recipes with you guys! I have been dying to share this recipe with you all. It’s one of those recipes I consider life-changing!
Maybe I’m a little dramatic when it comes to food but for a girl who is constantly trying new recipes when something is outstanding it’s something to celebrate! And to have a cookie, my absolute favorite dessert ever, be healthy AND incredibly delicious is pretty amazing!
These cookies come to together quite quickly too! Just mix up the ingredients, scoop, bake and enjoy! They only need to bake for 7-8 minutes. It sets up as it cools and makes for a soft and chewy cookie. I was shocked that with only 1/4 cup of sugar in this recipe they are sweet enough and I wouldn’t want it with more sugar. Most peanut butter cookie recipes I have made have a full cup of sugar! Crazy!
You can also mix up putting in chocolate chips, peanut butter chips or both! I ended up using mostly dark chocolate chips but added some peanut butter chips on top. So feel free to add milk chocolate, semi-sweet, dark or peanut butter chips or be crazy and mix it up!
So what are you waiting for? Hurry and make these cookies and join me in my obsession with the best cookie (that no one will know is healthy) ever!
One Year Ago: Strawberry Lemonade (Made w/o sugar)
Two Years Ago: Lightened Up Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Three Years Ago: Lo-Cal Alfredo Sauce
Four Years Ago: Muddy Buddies
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons old-fashioned oats
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup chocolate chips (I used dark chocolate chips and topped the cookies with a few peanut butter chips, use your favorite type, you could even use raisins, craisins, peanuts etc…)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium sized bowl (I used my stand mixer) stir together the peanut butter, honey, and brown sugar. Do not warm up the peanut butter or the honey.
- Add in the oats, salt, baking soda, and vanilla extract. Stir well.
- In a separate bowl lightly beat the egg and then add it to the mixture.
- Stir in desired add-ins.
- The mixture will be thick and hard to stir. Continue stirring until combined and then use a cookie scoop to scoop out the dough. Press the dough very tightly in the cookie scoop to form the balls if using your hands squeeze the mixture tightly into a ball so it doesn’t crumble.
- Form the balls onto a cookie sheet, press down slightly, top with more chocolate chips etc. if desired and bake for 7-8 minutes.
- Watch the cookies closely and remove when the bottom barely starts to brown even if they don't look completely done (they cook more as they cool).
- Remove and allow to cool completely.
Slightly adapted from Chelsea’s Messy Apron
You might also like: