A quick and healthy breakfast “cookie” that is actually good for you! Made with creamy peanut butter, oats, whole-grain rice krisipies, flaxseed, honey, vanilla and drizzled with dark chocolate these cookies are the perfect energizing snack!
In my opinion there is nothing better than a cookie! Those of you who know me or follow along with my blog know that my Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies are my all-time favorite dessert! If it wasn’t a bad thing I would totally eat those cookies everyday! So when I came across this recipe for No-Bake Healthy Breakfast Cookies on Chelsea’s Messy Apron I was so excited to try it! (By the way you should check out her blog, she has amazing recipes!) I’ve seen a lot of healthy breakfast recipes on Pinterest. Have you seen the one with bananas? Well I tried it once and it was so gross! So I had high hopes that I would like these cookies.
It was so quick and easy to make these cookies! You just mix up the ingredients, drizzle on chocolate if you want and it’s done! I just love quick, easy, yummy and healthy recipes! These were so amazing I’ve made them twice in two weeks. They make a perfect quick snack too! Which is great for me especially as I am in my 3rd trimester. I love that they are packed full of flax seed but you would never know if unless you made it yourself!
You can also add different add-ins if you’d prefer instead of the chocolate drizzle. I tired some but prefer it with the chocolate drizzle. I used dark chocolate chips but use whichever kind you like best.
I know you will enjoy these healthy cookies! Instead of a regular cookie with too much fat and sugars these cookies have healthy fats, grains that are good for you as well as dark chocolate which has so many great benefits!
One Year Ago: Strawberry Butter
Two Years Ago: Bi-Rite Creamery Chocolate Chip Cookies
Three Years Ago: Triple Chocolate Mini Muffins
Four Years Ago: Chunky Twix Cookies
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp. honey
- Pinch of salt, optional
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup whole-grain brown rice krispie cereal (regular works as well)
- ¼ cup flaxseed
- Melted chocolate drizzle: 3 tbsp. dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Add-ins: mini-chocolate chips, craisins, raisins, chopped up nuts (about 2 tbsp.)
- In a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl, combine the peanut butter, honey and salt. Microwave for 20-30 seconds and stir until combined. Add in the vanilla extract and stir.
- To the same bowl, add in the oats, rice krispie cereal and flaxseed along with any add-ins if desired. Stir together until completely combined.
- Line a small baking sheet or plate with wax or parchment paper. Form the mixture into balls and place on sheet/plate. Press down to create a cookie shape.
- If desired, melt 3 tbsp. dark chocolate chips in the microwave. (I alternate microwaving for 20 seconds and stirring until mixture is smooth.) Put the melted chocolate in a small Ziplock and cut a small hole in the tip of the bag. Drizzle the chocolate across the cookies and the let the chocolate harden. (I put mine in the freezer for 5 minutes.)
- Store cookies in an airtight container for 4-5 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Slightly adapted from Chelsea’s Messy Apron