Fudge Stuffed M&M Cookies- Soft and chewy cookies stuffed with a delicious and thick fudge, topped with crunchy M&M’s. Everyone will love this cookie!
I created another delicious and pretty cookie for the #creativecookiecontest from Cookies & Cups and Confessions of a Cookbook Queen. I had this idea for a couple of weeks now and so when I took my first bite I was amazed at just how good my little creation was! A soft chewy cookie with a thick, delicious fudge middle, topped with crunchy M&M’s. Perfection!
The first time I made this I tried it with chocolate chip cookie dough but it was way too chocolately. So thinking about it I decided it needed less chocolate so the fudge would get all the attention. Topping it with M&M’s was the perfect addition to give it a touch more chocolate and crunchiness.
These cookies are pretty much your perfect Christmas cookie if you ask me! Enjoy and be sure to check out the other cookie creations on Cookies and Cups and Confessions of a Cookbook Queen’s facebook pages here and here. (To read more about this contest see this post.)
One Year Ago: Chocolate Dipped Brownie Bites
Two Years Ago: Cheesy Bacon Potato Frittata
Three Years Ago: Candy Bar Shortbread
Four Years Ago: Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chips
- 7 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- ¾ cup butter (1 ½ sticks), softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- In a medium sized microwave safe bowl add the chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk. Microwave 20 seconds at a time, stirring in between, until melted and smooth. Let cool until it’s not too hot to touch. (Can place in fridge for about 5 minutes.) Then line a baking sheet with wax paper and roll fudge into balls, about 1 Tbsp. Freeze for about 15 minutes while you make the cookie dough.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream butter and brown and granulated sugar together on medium speed, beating until light and fluffy about 3 minutes. Add in egg and vanilla and mix until incorporated on low speed. Turn mixer up to medium-high and mix for 1 minute.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl if needed. Add the cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Mix for 30 seconds then add the flour 1 cup at a time. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Pull the fudge balls out of the freezer and wrap about 2 Tbsp. dough or as much as needed to completely wrap around the fudge. Place on baking sheet and repeat. Cover with plastic wrap and chill the dough for either 2 hours in the fridge or 15-20 minutes in the freezer.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 F. Place cookie dough balls on 2 baking sheets lined with a silpat, or parchment paper, spaced 2 inches apart. Bake for 6 minutes remove from oven, top with M&M’s. Place cookie sheets back in oven, reversing positions for another 2-3 minutes or until edges are just golden.
- Remove from oven, let cool on baking sheet for 5-10 minutes, and then transfer to wire rack to finish cooling. (Store in an airtight container.)