Beautiful dark chocolate cookies made with Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa Powder, packed full with chocolate chips and topped with colorful Dark Chocolate M&M’s. These Dark Chocolate M&M Christmas Cookies are my new favorite cookie and perfect for Christmas!
These cookies are my absolute favorite cookies along with my Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies. Can you really get better than a soft, chewy chocolately cookie filled with chocolate chips and topped with pretty M&M’s? I don’t think so! My boys thought these cookies were pretty awesome too and enjoyed eating it with me!
I just got a cookie scoop (2 Tbsp.) and used it for the first time when I made these cookies. I loved it and it made preparing the cookie dough so much faster! Rolling the dough into balls is my least favorite part of making cookies.
This dough comes together pretty quickly. Once you scoop the dough into balls, top it with M&M’s and chill it (fridge or freezer) then bake. I made these the night before I needed them and kept it in the fridge overnight and it was just great the next day!
And you want to know the best part?
The ooey gooey beyond delicious melty chocolate chips inside! Plus the crunch of the M&M’s on top, the chewy, soft cookies. Oh my goodness you guys you need to make these right now! And if you dare to share instead of keeping all this yumminess to yourself this would be a perfect cookie for neighbor treats or a Christmas party! Also, obviously if you aren’t a fan of dark chocolate feel free to use regular cocoa powder.
One Year Ago: Chocolate Dipped Brownie Bites
Two Years Ago: Apple Crumb Pie
Three Years Ago: Christmas Tree Brownies with Buttercream Frosting
Four Years Ago: Flourless Chocolate Torte
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg, preferably room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup + 2 Tbsp. Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- 1 ¼ cups chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet)
- Dark Chocolate M&M’s for topping the cookies
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the butter and sugars. Beat together on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes. Blend in the egg and vanilla, scrape down the bowl if needed.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients in the mixer on low speed just until incorporated. Mix in the milk on the lowest speed and fold in the chocolate chips. Preheat the oven to 350˚ F.
- Roll about 2 tablespoons of dough into balls and place on the baking sheets. Top cookies with M&M’s. Place cookie sheet in freezer for 10-15 minutes. (Alternately you can chill the dough for at least 2 hours or up to 36.)
- Bake 10-11 minutes. Immediately top with more M&M’s if needed. Let cool on the baking sheets for about 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.