This my friends is my newest favorite pumpkin recipe! As good as the best pumpkin chocolate chip cookie with WAY less effort! The flavor was outstanding too. The texture was soft and chewy and so dang good! I’m all about easy these days. I am baking so much less than before. Due to the fact I am eating a lot less sugar plus I just have other things to do these days. So I took my favorite Chewy Pumpkin Chocolate Chunk Cookies, adapted the recipe a bit and came up with these amazing bars!
These bars smelled heavenly as they were baking. I couldn’t wait to bite into it! I actually liked it better the next day though when it was fully set up. A note on this recipe. Once the baking time is up it might looked a little underdone but that’s ok! Don’t overcook it. Take it out of the oven, it will set up as it cools.
One Year Ago: 31 Recipes Using Halloween Candy
Two Years Ago: Peanut Butter Fudge Swirl Ice Cream
Three Years Ago: Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Four Years Ago: Reese’s Pieces Cupcakes
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- pinch ground cloves
- pinch ginger
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1¼ cup semi-sweet (or milk) chocolate chips (plus more for topping the bars)
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Grease a 9x13 pan or line with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, add the melted butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Whisk the ingredients together until no brown sugar lumps remain. Whisk in the vanilla and pumpkin puree until smooth. Set aside.
- Add the salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger and mix until incorporated. Add in the flour 1 cup at time, mixing in between additions.
- Gently mix in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the dough into the prepared pan. Add more chocolate chips on top if desired.
- Bake cookie dough for 20-23 minutes. It will look soft and slightly underdone. It will set up as it cools. Press more chocolate chips on top where needed. Allow the cookie bars to cool completely then cut into bars.