Did you catch my last post? I announced we are pregnant with baby #3 and we couldn’t be more excited! We were lucky this time to get an early ultrasound at 16 weeks to find out the gender and I am so excited to let you all know!! We have two adorable boys right now and were so excited to find out the gender.
I have been having fun brainstorming ideas for a reveal but honestly it wasn’t until after the ultrasound I decided on making these Chocolate Covered Gender Reveal Oreos. I didn’t have a lot of time that day so I made up this fun idea last minute and was pleased how great it turned out as well as extremely delicious!
So is it a girl or a boy!? What do you think? Everyone was insistent on us having a girl since we have two boys but we love our boys to pieces and were so excited either way! Just so excited to be having another baby.
Yay! We are so excited! Our boys think it’s so cool because it will be something different. We have a LOT of shopping ahead of us and I am excited for a new adventure! I was also happy that my intuition was right. I swear I knew my boys were boys and felt just as much this baby was a girl.
This gender reveal is crazy easy! All you need is however many Double Stuffed Oreos you need for your reveal, sprinkles and chocolate. Break open the Oreo then press sprinkles into it. Dip in chocolate and you are done! We took these to my in-laws and they cut into it and were just thrilled! They thought it was a fun idea and you won’t believe how amazing this tastes! Oreos are my favorite store-bought cookie and cover it in chocolate and you will be in chocolate heaven! Cruchy Oreo, creamy white filling, smooth, creamy chocolate and a fun reveal!
One Year Ago: Fudgy Chunky Brownies
Two Years Ago: Baby Food 101
Three Years Ago: Hash Brown Quiche
- 8-10 Double Stuffed Oreos
- Blue or Pink Sprinkles
- Corn Syrup
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (or chocolate candy melts)
- Carefully open up the Oreos so the filling stays on one side. Press the sprinkles into the Oreos. Gently shake off sprinkles that aren’t sticking. Using a clean finger, rub corn syrup along the inside of the Oreo half without the filling/sprinkles. Press back on the Oreos. Repeat with all Oreos and once the corn syrup has set, the cookie top will stay sealed to the Oreo.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a small microwave safe dish. Melt it along with 2 teaspoons butter, shortening or coconut oil. Melt about 20 seconds at a time, stirring inbetween, once almost melted microwave 10 seconds until smooth. (Don’t overheat and remember to stir often.)
- Line a cookie sheet with wax or parchment paper. Place Oreo in chocolate and use a spoon to spread on top. Remove from chocolate, (I use a fork) let excess dip back into bowl and place on lined cookie sheet. Repeat with all Oreos. Let chocolate set (you can place in fridge or freezer to speed it up) and enjoy a fun gender reveal with your family and friends!
You might also like: