Fruit pizza is one of my favorite desserts! I love the chewy texture of the cookie crust, the light, creamy and tasty cream cheese glaze and of course the fresh fruit on top! This summer I set out to perfect fruit pizza in a casserole dish. I guess you could call it deep dish fruit pizza. After three tries it is absolutely perfect! I adapted the recipe from my favorite sugar cookie recipe and Kelsey Nixon fruit pizza. A good mixture between gooey and chewy but a good thick base for the amazingness above it.
I love how the flag design turned out on this fruit pizza. I love the USA so anything patriotic is awesome! I made this last one for my family party. It’s quite the event because there are 8 kids in my family and I am the youngest. This fruit pizza was literally devoured in minutes! I couldn’t cut it fast enough and everyone just loved it. Luckily I got a piece! It was SO GOOD. Seriously one of the best desserts ever. I just might make this dessert my birthday cake!
This is the perfect dessert for this summer! 4th of July, picnics, bbq’s… I can’t wait to make this again. It is AMAZING!
One Year Ago: Construction Cake
Two Years Ago: Grapefruit Sorbet
Three Years Ago: Summer Refrigerator Pickles
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- strawberries, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place butter and sugars in large bowl of electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and beat until light in color (2-3 minutes). Add vanilla and eggs and beat to combine. Put mixer on low speed, add the baking powder and salt. Then gradually add flour, and mix until incorporated.
- Spread cookie dough into prepared pan. Press down evenly. Dough is a little sticky but just keep at it and it will smooth out. Bake for 15-18 minutes. Let cool completely. (You can stick it in the fridge or freezer(once warm, not hot) to speed cooling process.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer with a whisk attachment beat the cream cheese and butter until well mixed and fluffy. (about 2-3 minutes) Mix in the vanilla, lemon juice and salt. Mix in the powdered sugar on low speed until incorporated then mix at medium high speed for 2-3 minutes.
- Evenly spread onto cooled cookie crust. Top with blueberries and sliced strawberries in desired pattern. Cut into squares and enjoy!
- Keep fruit pizza in refrigerator.
You might also like: