The perfect cookie dough bites for St. Patrick’s Day! Delicious bites of cookie dough with a hint of mint and yummy bites of chocolate! These are so fun!If you’ve been following my blog for the last few months you know I am a cookie dough fan! Not only is it delicious it’s so fun for me to come up with new twists on the classic chocolate chip cookie dough. Some of my favorite cookie dough recipes so far are my Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Stuffed Oreos, Snickerdoodle Cookie Dough Bars and Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles. All so good!
These Mint Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough bites are another fun invention! I added just a hint of mint so if you really like mint add a little more! I added a little food coloring. Well honestly I accidently added more than I meant to so when you make it add it only a few drops at a time! I used gel food coloring so I think I didn’t realize how deep of a green it would turn the dough but it’s a fun look! And totally perfect for St. Patrick’s Day.
This recipe calls for 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips but I only had 1/4 cup so I chopped up some chocolate and I think it tunred out perfect. I love how the little chunks look in these cute little cookie dough bites.
One Year Ago: Garlic Texas Toast
Two Years Ago: Pinch-Me-Not Cupcakes
Three Years Ago: Super Soft Sugar Cookies with Buttercream Frosting
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons milk or cream
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. peppermint extract (or mint)
- green food coloring
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup mini semisweet chocolate chips (or chopped chocolate)
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy 2-3 minutes. Mix in milk, vanilla and mint extract. Add in green food coloring a few drops at a time until desired green color is reached. Stir in flour and salt and mix on low speed until incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 15-30 minutes. Then roll into small balls.
- Enjoy immediately or store in an airtight container, in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
You might also like: