Cookie dough and Oreos make a heavenly combination in these Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles.
Meet my new favorite cookie dough recipe! I have been known to make some pretty amazing creations using cookie dough (see here and here) but when I took a bite of this little creation I was blown away! Who knew what Oreos and cookie dough could do together? Well I suppose maybe I was inspired by the new cookie dough flavor of Oreos. But even though I haven’t tried those yet I am sure these are so much better!
These are pretty simple to make. It’s like making chocolate chip cookies but with out having to bake them! Of course there are no eggs in this recipe so feel free to sneak as many bites as you want as you are making the dough!
Once they are rolled into balls and chilled, dip them in chocolate and add Oreos on top. You can crush the Oreos as finely as you’d like. I like it a little chunky.
I know you will love these!
One Year Ago: Thick & Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Two Years Ago: Penne al Forno
Three Years Ago: Banana Crumble Snack Cake
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons milk or cream
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 8 oz. chocolate candy coating, or about 1 cup chocolate chips melted with 2 tsp. shortening, veg. oil or coconut oil
- Oreos, crushed (about 5)
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy 2-3 minutes. Mix in milk and vanilla. Stir in flour and salt and mix on low speed until incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 15-30 minutes. Then roll into small balls.
- Place rolled balls on a wax paper lined baking sheet and place in the freezer for at least 15 minutes or up to an hour.
- Melt candy coating following instructions on the package. If using chocolate chips, melt in the microwave 30 seconds at a time until smooth, stirring in between each 30 seconds. Remove a couple of balls from the freezer at a time and dip in melted chocolate using a fork or a dipping tool. Remove from chocolate and holding it above the chocolate let excess chocolate drip down. Place on wax paper. Add the Oreos on top after dipping 2-3 truffles. Continue until all truffles are covered in chocolate.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Adapted from The Cookie Dough Lover’s CookbookIf you LOVE cookie dough you will LOVE my Cookie Dough Pinterest Board!