My #1 favorite thing about blogging is sharing amazing recipes with you! These Graham crackers are so easy and fun to make! You can cut it with any shape you’d like or cut it into graham cracker shapes. These cute heart shaped ones would be a perfect snack for Valentine’s day! This would be great with chocolate fondue.
My cute minions were my assistants making the graham crackers. They loved cutting out the shapes. Asher was in charge of the heart shape and Levi the Mickey Mouse. Once they were ready to eat they each only wanted to eat the shape they had cut out! haha They loved the graham crackers so much. We all did! I just made half of the recipe and the next day they were already gone! So I made them again and took more pictures so I could blog about it for you all!
I loved how easy these were to make! All you do is mix up the ingredients, roll out the dough, cut it out and bake it! I love that these are somewhat healthy too. It has wheat flour and you can add some wheat germ or flax seed.
You can even make cute little s’mores!My boys and I had so much fun making these little graham crackers. I think next time we will make letters to spell their names out and maybe numbers too! The possibilities are endless.
One Year Ago: Valentine Sandwich Cookies (Homemade Oreos)
Two Years Ago: Valentine’s Sugar Cookies (My Favorite Sugar Cookie Recipe!)
Three Years Ago: Kati’s Chip Dip
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup dark brown sugar, packed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup butter, chilled & cubed
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- optional: 1 tablespoon wheat germ or flax seed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor or mixer combine the first 6 ingredients. (If using wheat germ or flax seed add here.)
- Add cubed and chilled butter to the mix and pulse/mix until it resembles coarse meal.
- Add honey, water and vanilla and continue to mix until it all combines.
- Remove and shape the dough into a flat disk and place between two pieces of wax or parchment paper. (I found it easier to roll the dough w/o a sheet on top of the dough.)
- Roll dough out until ¼ inch thick. Cut into crackers or shapes. Combine the dough scraps and roll out again to cut more shapes.
- Place cookies on a Silpat or parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 13-15 minutes.
- Cool and serve.
*For thinner graham crackers roll dough out to ⅛" thickness and bake for about 10 minutes.
Adapted from Weelicious
You might also like: