Chocolate Dipped Brownie Bites. My new obsession. I make a lot of treats that are amazing but these have to be the most addicting in the most wonderful way dessert ever! I had to make a big decision and give these all away so I wouldn’t eat them all! That’s another reason these brownies would be a perfect neighbor gift this year. Save yourself a few and share the deliciousness with your friends!
Not only are they super cute they are simple to make.
One Year Ago: Chicken Tostadas
Two Years Ago: Christmas Tree Brownies with Buttercream Frosting
Three Years Ago: Simple, Perfect Enchiladas
- Brownies, (*homemade or from a box for an 8x8 pan)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (+ 1 tsp. shortening or butter)
- Bake brownies in an 8x8 inch pan lined with parchment paper. Bake according to directions and let cool completely. (You can place in refrigerator to help it cool faster.) Cut into 16 squares. Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment or wax paper or a silpat. Chill for 1 hour in the refrigerator or in the freezer for 15-20 minutes.
- Once chilled, melt the chocolate. In a medium sized microwave safe bowl, add the chocolate chips and 1 tsp. of shortening or butter and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir. Microwave 15 seconds at a time stirring in between until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Dip the tops of the brownies in the chocolate and set on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, wax paper or a silpat. After dipping 2-3 brownie bites, top with sprinkles. Repeat until finished. Chill in refrigerator to help the chocolate set.
*My favorite homemade brownie: http://lovetobeinthekitchen.com/2013/09/19/fudgy-chunky-brownies/
(If you use a boxed brownie mix, I highly suggest Ghiradelli brownie mixes. (In this recipe I used the double dark chocolate mix.)