I am so excited to have Trisha guest post today! Plus today is her birthday! Trisha and I both met on-line through our mutual friend Jessica who designed our websites. I love Trisha’s blog. She shares healthy recipes and great workout tips! I love her post on Tips on Waking Up and Working Out. This is something I am working on since it’s tricky to work out with 2 young children. Enjoy her post! This looks like such a yummy and healthy recipe I can’t wait to try!
Hey Readers! I’m so excited Becky asked me to guest post today. I’m Trisha from Trisha’s Training Tidbits – where I love to talk about living healthy and enjoying life to the fullest! Feel free to stop by and check out some recipes, workouts and much more!
There are two things that happen to me almost every week:
- I’m the lady at the grocery store with bags and bags of produce. And you know what that means? The checker often has to look up the codes for the produce which takes a decent amount of time. Usually during that time one item of food always strikes up a conversation: Kale! As the checker is looking up the code they often ask “Um, what do you even do with kale?” And then I gladly tell them – Kale chips!
- Second thing – At least once a week you can find me and Mr. Parry pulling leaves off of green kale stocks to make one of our favorite snacks – kale chips. They are simple and healthy…and even kid and adult approved!
So I am here to share with you a great way to get your kids eating a few more greens…and getting yourself some more greens too! Better yet, your kids can help make these great chips and then enjoy them with you.
- 3-4 stocks of Kale (usually in a bunch at the store)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 415 degrees
- Get out a cookie sheet and line it with foil.
- While preheating, gently wash the kale and dry completely with a paper towel.
- Once dry, gently tear off palm size pieces of the leaves and spread out onto cookie sheet.
- Spread the olive oil out on the kale and then using your hands, mix the kale and massage it a bit to get the olive oil spread out (your kids will love this part!)
- Sprinkle with salt and a bit of pepper
- Bake for 10 minutes, stir, and then bake another couple minutes.
- The kale will shrink and get crunchy – that is what we want! Once the chips are done you can either eat them just like that (which is how I love them!) or sprinkle a bit of parmesan cheese on top.
See! Easy, fast and healthy. Hope you enjoy them! And be sure to stop by and tell me you did. 🙂
Follow Trisha on Pinterest