I think we all need more easy, quick and yummy dinner recipes and so I have my favorite one for you today! I have loved this Herb Crusted Chicken for years. This recipe comes from the Pen Court from BYU campus. It’s a restaurant run by the students in the Dietetic Program, open just for lunch. Their food is amazing and I really miss it! My sister first introduced me to this place when I was a freshman in college then later on my husband worked there as a cashier when we were dating. So whenever I make this dish I have many fond memories.
This dish is super easy! All you do is marinate the chicken in sour cream and a few spices. Then coat it in breadcrumbs, drizzle a little butter over it and bake it! The flavor in the breading is to-die-for! I just love it! And you can even freeze it too! You just freeze the chicken breasts coated in the sour cream/spice mixture then when you want to bake it just pull it out, let it thaw and bread the chicken breast. I’ve done it before and it’s great!
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ⅛ tsp. pepper
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. celery salt
- ½ tsp. paprika
- 4-5 chicken breasts
- 1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- butter, melted
- In a gallon zip-lock bag add first 7 ingredients and mix together. Add chicken breast and marinate for at least an hour or overnight. (*You can freeze it at this point.)
- Coat marinated chicken in bread crumbs. Place on a baking pan and drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake at 325 F for about 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Recipe slightly adapted from SDA Cookbook- BYU Dietetics Program 2007-2008 Edition