Almost every shower I’ve been to the vegetable dish is cut up veggies and dip, which is really good but I wanted to do something different. So I made these Savory Spinach Parmesan Bites. It has a lot of my favorite ingredients in it, onions (sauteed in butter), spinach, Parmesan cheese and a stuffing mix. All the ingredients come together and you form them into small balls and bake them. I’ve never eaten anything like this before. It had so many flavors and was a great appetizer! And you can serve it with a dipping sauce if you’d like. The only thing is these taste better warm than cold so just keep them warm when you serve them. I think this would also make a fantastic side-dish!
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, chopped (about ½ cup)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 10-ounce packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 8 oz. bag herbed seasoned stuffing mix
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add onions and cook until the onions are translucent and soft, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Remove the pan from the heat and let cool.
- In the meantime, remove excess water from thawed spinach by pressing it between paper towels. (The spinach does not need to be cooked.) In a large bowl, combine the stuffing mix, spinach, eggs, Parmesan, salt and pepper, and onion/garlic mixture. Combine well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Wait about 15-20 minutes. This helps the stuffing mix to soften so it’s easier to form the balls.
- One at a time, using your hands, roll the mixture into individual 1-inch balls. Place each one on the parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until very slightly browned.
Recipe slightly adapted from The Curvy Carrot