My husband and I decided it would be really fun once a month to do a date night at home making one of our favorite meals from restaurants. This works great for us because it’s hard going out with 2 kids and it saves us money. Plus it’s really fun! This last weekend we made one of our favorites, the Red Robin Bleu Ribbon Burger. It was so awesome making something so amazing! We loved how it turned out!
There are a few steps to it but you can do most of it ahead of time. Like making the chipotle mayo and Red Robin Seasoning. (You don’t have to use the Red Robin Seasoning but it’s really good if you do!) For the chipotle mayo you can buy it already made at the grocery store or make your own which is so easy. You just use a chipotle (we used one I had in the freezer) and either just let it sit in the mayo for a little bit to soak up the flavor or for more chipotle flavor chop it up small and stir it in.
This is my ultimate awesome hamburger! Toasted bun, chipotle mayo, onion strings(mmm!), a juicy hamburger with A-1 sauce spread over it, bleu cheese, tomato and lettuce! You can’t get better than that! It was so fun making this together and eating something so amazing. YUM!
- large gourmet onion buns
- fresh crisp iceberg lettuce; thinly shredded
- tomato, sliced
- 80% lean or above ground beef (1/3 lb. or 6 oz. for each patty)
- Red Robin Seasoning or salt and pepper
- A-1 sauce (can use Heinz 57)
- bleu cheese crumbles
- chipotle mayonnaise (homemade or store bought)
- crispy onion strings (homemade or store bought)
- Prepare the lettuce and tomato. If making the chipotle mayonnaise prepare it by mixing mayonnaise with chopped up chipotle peppers or letting the peppers sit in the mayonnaise. (It just depends how much chipotle flavor you want.) Refrigerate until you need it. Prepare the onionstrings ahead of time if making it homemade.
- Season each hamburger patty with Red Robin Seasoning or salt and pepper. Grill until cooked through or cook on stove top. Once cooked through baste with A-1 sauce. Add bleu cheese crumbles to the patty and continue to keep on heat for about 2 minutes or until the cheese is slightly melted. Toast the buns.
- To assemble: Spread chipotle mayonnaise on both sides of the buns. On the bottom bun place a handful of onion strings, burger patty (with the bleu cheese crumbles on top) tomato, lettuce and bun.
- Enjoy your amazing homemade gourmet Red Robin Burger!
Recipe adapted from Big Oven
You might also like: