I’m the youngest of 8 and so when I married Derek I also got younger siblings! It’s been so fun to watch them grow up. Two of his sisters are recently engaged which I am so excited about! His sister Janell or Nellie as we like to call her is getting married first, on leap day! I am helping throw her bridal shower and I am in charge of the desserts (of course!) We are doing a brunch theme so I decided to make triple chocolate mini muffins! I wanted to find the right recipe beforehand to make sure these would be amazing. And good thing too! The first recipe I tried although it seemed to be perfect was not very good. Thank goodness I got it right on my second try.
These little muffins are not only super cute (I LOVE mini things!) they are super tasty. You really can’t go wrong with THREE types of chocolate! These muffins have baking chocolate, milk chocolate and semi-sweet chocolate. YUM! They are super soft and so good. I can’t wait for her shower and even more so for her wedding day. I love weddings especially when it’s family.
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1 ½ ounces unsweetened chocolate
- ½ cup buttermilk (or ½ cup milk+ ½ Tbsp. vinegar or lemon juice & let sit for 5 min.)
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp. flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- dash salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ⅓ cup milk chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place butter and unsweetened chocolate in a small microwave proof bowl. Microwave at 20 second intervals, stirring each time, until smooth.
- In a medium mixing bowl beat sugar, egg, buttermilk and vanilla until smooth.
- Sift flour, salt and baking soda together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Add the chocolate mixture to the egg mixture and blend well. Add flour mixture and beat until smooth then fold in chocolate chips.
- Grease muffin tins well or use mini liners, fill each ⅔ full.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10-13 minutes.
Recipe adapted from Group Recipes