I love cooking but I always love a quick and easy dinner. Especially these days trying to adjust to life with a toddler and a newborn I’m pretty tired most of the time or too busy to make a time consuming dinner. I made this casserole last week and was happy how quick it was to put together and even more happy that it was so good!
I love wild rice. This was my first casserole I’ve made using wild rice in it and I just loved it. Derek isn’t a big fan of rice but he loved it too. We will be making this again next week and many more times!
- 1 box Long Grain and Wild Rice
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1½ cups frozen vegetables
- ½ cup milk
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- ½ onion, diced
- ½ stalk celery, diced
- 1 cup grated Swiss cheese (or any type of cheese you have)
- Cook box of rice according to packaged directions.
- In skillet, melt butter and sautee onion and celery over medium heat until softened, about 5 minutes. Once cooked, spoon rice into large bowl.
- To the rice, add cream of mushroom soup, chicken, vegetables, milk, cooked onion and celery, and salt and pepper. Spread into a 2 qt. casserole dish. Top with cheese.
- Cover with foil and warm thoroughly at 350 degrees for at least 30 minutes (and up to 45).
Recipe slightly adapted from Lauren’s Latest