I am so excited to share this recipe with you! I’ve been on a search for the perfect blueberry muffin recipe for over a year now! Not an in depth search but something I’ve been looking for. Last year I made blueberry muffins twice and they were good and people liked them but I wasn’t too impressed. So this time I came across this recipe and decided I better half it in case it wasn’t what I was looking for. Well funny thing, the time I half the recipe it turns out to be the perfect one!
I honestly couldn’t believe it because it was so simple to make. Probably one of the fastest things I have made. They came out just perfect. They are loaded with blueberries and are 100% whole wheat! Two wonderful ingredients for your health. And seriously they taste so good. I loved the texture of it. Slightly hard on the outside and soft on the inside with lots of blueberries. Just perfect!
I am so glad I started liking blueberries. Did you know when I was a kid I used to hate blueberries! At least I thought I did. The truth is my only experience with blueberries were the cheapest blueberry muffin mix you can think of. I’m not sure those are even real blueberries. Thank goodness I grew up and gave them a try. Now I love them and eat them about everyday!
I’m going to make these muffins again this week and this time I won’t half it. I’m so glad I found a recipe for something so yummy and good for you!
- 1½ cups whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup milk
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 pint (2 cups) fresh or frozen blueberries (if using frozen do not thaw before)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease 12 muffin cups, or line with paper liners. Whisk together the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Whisk vegetable oil, egg, milk, and applesauce together in a separate bowl until smooth, and stir the liquid ingredients into the flour mixture until moistened. Lightly stir in the blueberries. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling them ⅔ full.
- Bake muffins in the preheated oven until they rise and the tops are golden brown, about 20 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin should come out clean.
Recipe very slightly adapted from All Recipes