Chicken Fajitas are a quick and easy flavorful dinner that everyone will love!
Fajitas are one of my favorite dinners to make. It’s a quick and easy meal full of flavor and plenty of vegetables. It’s also pretty inexpensive especially if you make your own fajita mix! You can also be creative in your toppings. My kids who are usually pretty picky LOVE when we have chicken fajitas for dinner. And shockingly they eat the peppers too when they usually won’t. My kids always tell me how good this is when I make it and request I make it more often!
- Fajita Mix
- 2 Tbsp. oil, divided
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into ½ inch strips (or can use boneless beef sirloin)
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- ¼ cup water
- Flour tortillas
- Toppings such as: shredded cheese, sour cream, salsa, sour cream guacamole, tomatoes etc.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add meat; cook and stir 3 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove from skillet. In same skillet, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Add onion and bell pepper; cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes. Return meat to skillet.
- In a small bowl mix together ¼ cup water and seasoning mix then add to skillet. Cook and stir 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Spoon mixture into warm tortillas. Serve with toppings.