Fall is here! Can you believe it? I am so excited. I love the fall and especially October! October is my favorite month for many reasons; it’s the month it first feels like fall, plenty of football, Halloween and my birthday! Believe it or not, I’ve never made pumpkin chocolate chip cookies before! Since I love them, I figured it was time to give it a try. And as you see, they were awesome! I’m excited to share this recipe with you. These are definitely the best pumpkin chocolate chip cookies I’ve had!
I especially love these cookies because they are not too cakey like most pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are. They are very soft and have plenty of chocolate chips. They are perfect! I made these for my in-laws and they all loved them. Also, these cookies are very fast to make which is always a great thing. I love that these are made with oil instead of butter. And they are very pretty! I think you will love these!
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup 100% pure pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ¾ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (or milk)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine vegetable oil, sugar, pumpkin, egg and vanilla.
- Dissolve the baking soda with the milk in a small bowl and stir in.
- Mix in the baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Then add the flour and mix until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop by spoonful on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, a silpat or greased and bake at 350 degrees F for 11-13 minutes or until lightly brown and firm. Top with more chocolate chips if desired.
Slightly adapted from My Baking Addiction