It’s football season!! You obviously know I love to cook but I also love football! I’ve been a football fan before I even learned to cook. As you may have noticed I am a big BYU fan. As you see in our family picture (top right) we wore BYU shirts for our family pictures taken on BYU campus last year. We love to watch any football game but nothing excites me more than watching BYU.
My 2 year old Levi is also a big BYU fan. His room is decked out in BYU decor and he loves singing along to the fight song. He even picks out the letter Y in words and says, “Go Cougars!” His favorite color? Blue of course. He is such a cutie.
This year I thought it’d be fun to come up with a lot of fun blue foods and desserts for game parties. My first were these tortilla pinwheels. I hope the blue color does not make you not want to try it. It was so good and of course you can just use regular tortillas. I obviously made my own and turned them blue. These pinwheels were so good! It was so easy to make and so yummy. All you do is add a dry ranch mix to cream cheese, spread it on the tortilla and layer on ham, swiss cheese, cheddar cheese and olives. I obviously didn’t put olives on it but that was only because I didn’t have any.
We watched the game with Derek’s family and before I could even cut them all up to put on the plate everyone was grabbing them and eating it. They all loved it and they were gone in a flash. I’m lucky I had time to get a picture of it!
I will share my tortilla recipe sometime soon. It was really easy to make and really didn’t take very long. I just added blue food coloring to the water before I added it to the flour.
The pinwheels were so flavorful and yummy! The cream cheese/ranch mix added the perfect amount of creaminess to the pinwheels and had an amazing flavor. Then two of my favorite things: ham and cheese. Ham and cheese were meant to be together. This was a very simple and very yummy entertaining snack. I hope you try it!
- 2 - packages (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 - packet (.04 oz) Ranch Dressing Mix
- 6 - flour tortillas (12 in), room temperature
- 1 - package (12 ounces) thin deli sliced ham
- 10 - slices swiss cheese
- 1 - cup shredded cheddar cheese or colby jack
- 1 - 2.25 oz can chopped black olives
- Mix cream cheese and dry salad dressing together. Spread mixture on each tortilla. Drain the sliced olives and set aside. Place two slices of ham on top of the cream cheese mixture. Add sliced Swiss cheese and sprinkle on shredded cheddar cheese and olives.
- Roll up tortillas tightly, cinnamon roll style.
- Chill at least 2 hours before slicing. Slice into one inch slices.
Recipe from Mommy’s Kitchen