This week is a busy one and an exciting one for me. Today my husband took a test (series 7) he needed to pass for work. I mean needed to pass as in pass or else you are fired. But he is very smart and didn’t just pass he got a high score! I am very proud of him. Then this afternoon we closed on our first home! We are beyond so excited and cannot wait for our move this weekend. This Friday my husband has his graduation. He finished school in December but is walking now since BYU doesn’t have graduation in December. Next week is our anniversary then the next week my sister is getting married. We are excited for all of this but it will be keeping us very busy. Also, for some time, I don’t know how long we won’t have internet but I promise to save my very best recipes for you and post them as I can.
Now let’s talk about Muddy Buddies! I love Muddy Buddies and really who doesn’t? If you haven’t tried them before you really should. It’s really easy to make and it tastes so very good. It’s a great snack. I made these for my sister-in-law Sarah last week for her birthday. I love the combination of the chocolate and peanut butter and my favorite part is when you get a clump that sticks together and get an extra bit of chocolate in your bite. It is so good!
- 8 cups Corn Chex, Rice Chex, Wheat Chex or Chocolate Chex cereal (or combination)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- Into large bowl, measure cereal; set aside.
- In 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag.
- Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.