A healthier alternative to fried Buffalo Wings. One bite and you will fall in love with these Baked Boneless Buffalo Wings! Perfect for game days, parties etc.
You might also like–> 25 Amazing Recipes for Game Day
(Updated 1/2014 Since I first posted this recipe over 3 years ago I have made it countless times. My husband and I love these and make them all the time! It’s a perfect game day food. We love making this especially on nights when we watch our favorite football team play on TV. I’ve updated a couple things in the recipe but only slight changes to make it even better.)
This is hands down my favorite recipe ever! I love love love buffalo chicken wings or anything with buffalo wing sauce on it! I actually never had buffalo wings growing up. The first time I had it is when Derek and I first started dating. And it didn’t take me long to fall in love.
I wanted to learn how to make buffalo wings at home but I didn’t want to fry them so I searched for recipes for baked wings instead. I started out making oven buffalo wings which were really good but Derek and I decided we like the boneless chicken wings better. And that’s when I started perfecting this recipe and I think it is perfect! If you love buffalo sauce you will love this recipe! These Boneless Wings are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. The sauce gives it the perfect flavor all buffalo wing lovers will love! Feel free to toss it in Buffalo Wild Wings Spicy Garlic Sauce or Honey BBQ Sauce if you want something different than the classic buffalo sauce. I know you will love this recipe!
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 large egg or 2 egg whites
- ¼ cup milk
- 3 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small chunks or strips (about ¾ lb. of chicken)
- ¼ Cup Buffalo Wing Sauce (I prefer Frank’s)
- 1-2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Combine the flour, panko breadcrumbs, paprika, salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper in a small mixing bowl. Whisk the egg(s) and milk together in a small bowl.
- Place a piece of foil or parchment paper onto a cookie sheet and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Working with one piece of chicken at a time, dip each piece into the egg mixture, then into the breading blend; then repeat the process so that each piece of chicken is double coated. (Tip: Use one hand to handle the egg mixture and the other hand for the breading to make it easier.)
- Arrange the chicken on the baking sheet and then spray a light coating of cooking spray over the chicken pieces. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and begins to lightly brown.
- Turn the heat up to broil and continue to cook the chicken for 1-2 more minutes or until the surface begins to become golden brown and crispy.
- As the chicken cooks, combine the Buffalo Wing Sauce, butter and water in a microwave safe dish. (Or in a small saucepan over medium-low heat.) Cover and microwave on high until the mixture begins to bubble, then remove, stir and keep covered to stay hot.
- When the chicken pieces are cooked, remove them from the oven and let them cool for a minute. Toss chicken and hot sauce mixture in a bowl until all pieces are coated. Serve immediately.
To make ahead- Once chicken is cooked through but before the 1-2 min. broil, take chicken out of oven. Let cool completely then freeze. When ready to bake, remove from freezer and bake at 400 degrees F for about 15 minutes or until warmed through. Toss with sauce and serve.